Thursday, June 26, 2008

HELP University College Toastmasters Club Meeting 21/6/08

By Chia Hur



It was a sleepy Saturday morning (8.30 am), I almost didn't want to crawl up my bed to go for a Toastmasters meeting. Although I wanted to roll in my bed for another 2 hours before getting up, I couldn't because I have a role to play in that meeting.



I embarked on a journey to HELP University College located in Pusat Bandar Damansara. Honestly, I didn't know where to park my car at all as I wanted to park at a place that doesn't need me to do any morning walk. Unfortunately, I parked at the other end which has the longest walking distant. =(



On the way to the Department of Student Affairs, I was quite surprised that the whole HELP University College was located underground (reminded me of Ninja Turtles where they actually lived in underground). When I arrived, several local toastmasters were already there waiting for the security guard to say "Open Sesame", yes, the door was locked.



The meeting started a little late, but everything went back on track.
























Outgoing President, Ernest doing his opening speech (he was also the General Evaluator)




Our Club's VPE, Su Jane playing the role of Tabletopics Master

























Jook Yew (yes, the guy that came by on Monday in our meeting) doing his project speeches



















Fong Wen, last project speaker of the day doing her last speech on the CC manual (she was the first person to be evaluated by me though)




















Ahmad from MIMPJ doing his evalutation which won him the Best Evaluator (he won the Best Tabletopic Speaker too). Did you manage to get his number, Jane? =X


Overall attendance of that day (have you ever wondered why in every Toastmasters meeting the tables must be arranged in a "U" shape?)


Okay, I was a little surprised about this too. They were actually giving trophy for new members and people who got promoted to CC (hmm...we were only giving certificates and handshake =P)

That's it for today. Keep visiting for updates!

3 comments:

musytari said...

Hey Chia Hur,
You're doing a great job with the postings. Keep it up! Because of you we now know that HELP comes from below the earth whilst all along I thought it came from above.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chia Hur. I don't see you in the photos, how come? Too shy?

Interesting. You cannot be camera shy if you're not "crowd shy". :D

Anyway, well done on setting up the site and blogging here, Chia Hur and Teh Tze Chien... Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

camwhoring isn't my specialty, haha!